Tuesday 11 June 2013

THE LITTLE THINGS



THE LITTLE THINGS

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

I wake up every morning and he gives me the ability to share his word with you. Let me ask you this one simple and possible common question; do you know how you were able to wake up from bed this morning? Or are you better than the ones who died in their sleep last night?

Ok. You might possibly be feeling better off and thinking you are far off from such unexpected happenings. But let me make something clear to you; you are no better than the garbage collector on the street, neither is the rich man living in a 10 bedroom mansion surrounded by fleets of cars better than you.
(I am no better) Are we not governed by the same 24hour, 7day a week rule? 

Am not writing this to imprint mediocre thoughts in your mind, neither am I try to make you feels as though you are worthless.( in fact God created us to be achievers and winners, not beggars and looser. I pray he blesses us with wisdom enough). My purpose of sharing this with you is to encourage you to pay attention to the little things that our father up above does for us on daily bases through his son Jesus Christ.

Learn to give thanks for the little things he does. The air we breathe, our limbs to reach out and work, our peace of minds (ever visited a mental hospital?) and the mouth with which we speak (you are no better than the deaf and dumb).  Anyone who has the ability to either create or freely give any of the above can boast and tell me he or she doesn’t need GOD. But I say to you, as long as you benefit from any of these, you should forever remain thankful and humble. Take a visit to any hospital or clinic close to you and then you will realize how ungrateful you are.

It’s funny how we forget ourselves and boast of how hard we worked to achieve something. Nonsense, did you just say “I did, I have done or I will do”? Ok. Cool. Wait till he takes his breath away then we will see if you can. You dare look down on someone with disgust. You exalt yourselves in your achievement thinking you are somehow a supreme being. Death can humble and shut you up in a second.

One thing that scares me for my fellow peers (the youth), is how we have created our own gods to replace our father above.  Fashion, television and technology are now our gods, and we boast of owning the latest gadgets and clothes, making so much noise about how we anticipate for the earthly or worldly events.
We forget that we equally have peers stacked in foster homes and on the streets thinking of how to find what to eat? We forget that we are no better than the orphans who lost their parents at birth or the homeless boys and girls who sleep outdoors at night hoping it won't rain so they can sleep in peace. Be thankful you have a roof over your head and food is not your worry.

Think twice before you boast of your abilities. It’s not a bad thing to believe in yourselves but just to let you know; you are no better than the trotromate (bus conductor) sitting in front of you in this bus. Neither are you better than the homeless boy who needs to carry heavy load at the market place in other to get food to feed his sick mother in bed at home nor the children born with cancer.

You have the strength to attend parties, drink and smoke as much as you can. Be thankful. You fancy breaking hearts and “kicking” a fresh bait. Be grateful. You can walk into KFC and order you favorite meal. Be full of praise. For if you knew the battles Jesus fights on your behalf at night when you sleep or you knew the number of angels who protect you when you cross the streets, you will be humbled. You will now understand the need to give all these gods we have created in our lives up and follow the ALPHA and OMEGA himself, Yahweh, the “I am that I am”, the father of all fathers, the King of kings. He has the power to give and take as he pleases but don't be afraid to come to him. He loved you so much that he gave you the one and only true way to get to him by handing his beloved son Jesus Christ to die for you and I.

Therefor he is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because he always live to intercede for them.
Hebrews 7:25

Beloved we are just under his favor and love . The unconditional LOVE that shadows us from the accusations of the devil.

“Be ye grateful, be ye humble, be ye helpful and above all learn to love one another for I the Lord your God so loved you even when you knew me not. Just us I was with Israel so am I with anyone who looks up to me. Be careful to give me my due praise and thanksgiving for I am a jealous God”
The lord says.






2 comments:

  1. He loved you so much that he gave you the one and only true way to get to him by handing his beloved son Jesus Christ to die for you and I.Am in love with this, way forward Bro

    ReplyDelete